Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions govern your use of Axisweb and all related memberships, services, content and products.
If you are under 16, you confirm that you have the permission of your parent or guardian to use Axisweb.org.
It is your responsibility to check this page for updates.
Description of the Axisweb.org
Axisweb provides a showcase for artists and art professionals to promote their work. Registered users (depending on your account and membership type) can contact Directory members, submit, upload and post images, text, comments and other content, data or information (“Content”), which will be stored by Axisweb at the direction of such registered users, and may be accessed, viewed, shared, commented on by other users of the website using the tools and features provided as part of Axisweb.org.
Your Axisweb.org account
You are not obliged to register to use Axisweb.org. However, access to certain services is only available to registered users.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your username and password, and you will remain responsible for any use of your username and password and all activity of your account, whether or not authorised by you.
If your username or password is lost or stolen, or you believe your account has been accessed by someone unauthorised, you must notify Axisweb by email or telephone immediately and should change your password at the earliest possible opportunity.
You may terminate your account at any time as described in the Termination section below.
Your use of Axisweb.org
- submit, upload and post content
- participate in forums and discussions
- contact members with profiles
- use the tools and features provided
The above licence is on the condition of the following:
- You must not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Axisweb.org content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- You must not adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Axisweb.org content except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
- You must not use any content (other than your own content) in any way that is designed to create a separate content service or that replicates any part of Axisweb.org.
- You must not alter or remove, attempt to alter or remove, any trademark, copyright or other proprietary or legal notices contained in, or appearing on, Axisweb.org, or any content appearing on the Platform (other than your content).
- You must not use Axisweb.org to submit, upload or share content:
(a) that is offensive, abusive, unlawful, harassing, defamatory, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, offensive on the grounds of race, religion, sexual orientation or gender or otherwise objectionable.
(b) that violates, plagiarises or infringes the rights of third parties including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy, publicity, personal proprietary rights or any other rights.
(c) which infringes or is contrary to any law.
(d) any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, spam or any other form of solicitation.
- You must not engage in or promote anything that would constitute a criminal offence or otherwise violate any law or regulation.
- You must not permit any third party to use your account for their content.
- You must not deliberately impersonate any person or entity by registering an account in the name of another person or company.
- You must not threaten, abuse or otherwise harass another user or Axisweb employee.
- You must not attempt to use another person’s account, unless you have express permission from that person.
You agree to comply with the above conditions and acknowledge and agree that Axisweb has the right to terminate your account or take such action as it sees fit.
Any images, text and other content, data or information that you upload, store and make available via Axisweb.org is generated and controlled solely by you.
You must not upload images, text or any other content for which you do not hold the necessary rights.
Any infringement may result in the termination of your account and may result in additional action.
Grant of Licence
By uploading or posting your content to Axisweb.org, you:
- Authorise Axisweb to use, transmit, distribute, publically display, make available and use other communications to the public.
- Grant Axisweb a non-exclusive worldwide licence under copyright and any other intellectual property rights or similar rights existing elsewhere in the world to enable the delivery of Axisweb services.
- Give permission to Axisweb to use, reproduce and publish your content on Axisweb.org (or any part of extract from Axisweb.org) in any other digital or non-digital format, for the purpose of promoting and delivering the services of Axisweb.
- Grant Axisweb permission to change the way your content is presented, at any time without giving notice, including without limitation by amending the format, size, cropping or editing.
Licences with respect to comments or other contributions that you make on Axisweb.org will be perpetual and irrevocable, and will continue notwithstanding any termination of your account.
Removal of your content from your account will automatically result in the deletion of the relevant files from Axisweb’s systems and servers. However, you acknowledge and agree that Axisweb is not obligated to ensure the deletion of your content from any servers or systems as a result of syndication or sharing.
Representations and Warranties
You hereby represent and warrant Axisweb as follows:
- You are the owner of the copyright and other intellectual property rights or that you have authority / necessary permission of the copyright owner(s).
- Your content available via Axisweb.org does not and will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any intellectual property rights, performers’ rights, rights of privacy or publicity, or rights in confidential information.
- You have obtained any and all necessary consents, permissions and/or releases from any and all persons appearing in your content in order to include their name, voice, performance or likeness in your content and to publish the same on Axisweb.org.
- Your content, including any comments that you may post on Axisweb.org, is not and will not be offensive, abusive, unlawful, harassing, libellous, defamatory, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, offensive on the grounds of race, religion, sexual orientation or gender or otherwise objectionable, will not promote violence, terrorism, or illegal acts, or incite hatred.
- Your content does not and will not create any liability on the part of Axisweb, subsidiaries, associates, employees or trustees.
Liability for content
You hereby acknowledge and agree that Axisweb:
- Stores content and other information at the direction and with the authorisation of its users.
- Acts as a host for the uploading, storage and distribution of such content.
- Curates and showcases selected content as part of its charitable remit.
- Is not responsible for the views expressed by users.
- Has no liability, to the fullest extent permitted by law, for (a) any claim that may arise from any content uploaded to Axisweb.org by users.
(b) any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the content on Axisweb.org.
If you discover any content on Axisweb.org that you believe infringes your copyright, please report using the following methods:
Telephone: +44 (0)1924 200502
Post: Axisweb, The Art House, Drury Lane, Wakefield WF1 2TE
Third party websites and services
Axisweb provides you with access to third party websites and services. Axisweb does not have or maintain any control over third party websites and services, and is not and cannot be responsible for their content, operation or use. Any link to a third party website or service does not amount to any endorsement by Axisweb and any use of such website or service is at your own risk.
Removal of content
In the event of a breach, we will send you a written warning by email. Any user that received more than two of these warnings is liable to have their access to Axisweb.org terminated.
We will also suspend your account without warning, if ordered to do so by a court and/or in other appropriate circumstances, as determined by Axisweb.
While Axisweb shall endeavour to make Axisweb.org available at all times, we will not be liable if, for any reason, the website is unavailable for any period of time. Access to Axisweb.org may be suspended at any time without prior notice being given.
Axisweb does not warrant that functions available on Axisweb.org will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Axisweb or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
Limitation of liability
Axisweb is not liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
(a) loss of data;
(b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
(c) loss of business;
(d) loss of opportunity;
(e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
(f) losses suffered by third parties; or
(g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Axisweb.org regardless of the form of action.
You hereby agree to indemnify Axisweb to the fullest extent permitted by law, against any legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Axisweb as a result of:
- any third party claim for infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights or other privacy issues arising from your content on Axisweb.org.
- any activity related to your account, be it by you or by any other person accessing your account with or without your consent.
Data protection and privacy and Cookies
Membership Plans and Subscriptions
Certain features of Axisweb.org are only available to registered users who subscribe for “paid” Membership Plans. A detailed description of our “paid” Membership Plans, including pricing and their associated features can be found here.
The purchase of subscriptions for Membership Plans is subject to additional terms, which you can find here.
Changes to Axisweb, accounts and pricing
Axisweb reserves the right at any time, for any reason, to suspend, discontinue, terminate or stop providing access to Axisweb.org or any part thereof. Axisweb shall always aim to notify registered users of such a decision in advance.
Axisweb may change the features of any type of account, may withdraw or introduce new features at any time and may change prices charged for any of its paid accounts from time to time. In the event of any increase in the price or reduction in the features of any paid account to which you have subscribed, such change(s) will be communicated to you and will take effect with respect to any subsequent renewal of your subscription.
You may terminate this agreement at any time by sending notice by writing to Axisweb at:
Post: Axisweb, The Art House, Drury Lane, Wakefield, WF1 2TE
If you have a paid account and terminate this agreement before the end of your subscription, we are unable to offer any refund for any unused period of your subscription.
On termination of your account, any and all of your content will be deleted by Axisweb, with the exception of content that we are obliged or permitted to retain, which could include data or information, in accordance with applicable laws and/or to protect our business interests.
Axisweb is not able to provide you with any copy of your content.
These terms shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
The services offered by Axisweb, a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales. (Reg no. 2595018) and a registered charity ( Reg charity no. 1002841).
More information about Axisweb is available here
You may contact us by using the following methods:
Telephone: +44 (0)1924 200502
Post: Axisweb, The Art House, Drury Lane, WAKEFIELD WF1 2TE