Personal data is information that individually identifies you, such as your name, address or email address, to which UK data protection laws apply.
Information we collect about you
We collect personal information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You can access and browse Axisweb without providing any personal information. However, some services do require you to register for an Axisweb.org account and, in doing so, to provide us with certain personal information:
Essential information: When you register for an Axisweb account, you will need to provide your email address, state your real name and choose a password.
Profile information: You may choose to set up a profile on Axisweb, in which case you will be asked to provide:
- A profile name
- Details of where you live
- A profile picture or avatar
- Information about how you categorise yourself with respect to your artistic/professional practice
- Details of your other websites and social media profiles
- Telephone number
Any information you provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time.
Paid services: Certain services may require payment information such as credit card and bank account details. Such information will be collected only on secure pages (https) and using encrypted forms.
Messaging and Opportunities: You will provide certain personal information if you choose to contact other members or upload an opportunity to Axisweb.
Survey information: If you participate in any survey, you will be asked to provide certain personal information as part of your response. You may have the option of responding anonymously.
Information that you post: You may provide personal information when you upload content to Axisweb or when you post comments or contribute to discussions.
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access Axisweb, which helps us derive the country and city in which you are located.
- The specific actions that you take on Axisweb.
- Any search terms that you may enter.
- The time, frequency and duration of your visits.
- Your browser type and operating system.
- The nature of the device you are using.
How we use personal information
- Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log in to Axisweb.
- Any additional information you upload as part of your public profile will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible.
- If you subscribe to a paid account, your name, address and payment information will be used to process and collect your payment. Axisweb complies with all industry security standards.
- Your email address will be used to send you updates and notifications regarding your account, service updates, newsletters and marketing messages (if you have elected to receive them in your preferences).
- To operate and maintain your Axisweb account and provide you with access to the website and any services you subscribe to.
- To identify you as the source of any content that you upload, the comments you post and/or other contributions you make to Axisweb.
- To seek your participation in surveys about Axisweb.
- To provide you with technical support.
- To provide other users with data regarding people accessing their content.
- To analyse the use of Axisweb in order to improve the services we offer.
- To customise your use of Axisweb and / or the content you receive.
- With your consent, we will disclose your personal information in your public profile, along with any content you upload and comments you make.
- Axisweb will never pass your personal data on to third parties without your express consent.
- While it is unlikely, Axisweb may be required to disclose your personal data by a court order to comply with other legal requirements. We will use all reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do this, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
- If you have an Axisweb account, we may share the personal data submitted under your account within the organisation in order to improve the quality of our service.
- Axisweb will take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of data.
- Axisweb restricts access to information that identifies you personally to those employees who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services.
- All Axisweb employees who have access to, and are associated with, the processing of personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of our users’ personal data.
- Axisweb provides mechanisms for updating and correcting account information that identifies you personally. For more information, see the account ‘Help’ pages.
Access to the personal data we hold about you
Axisweb gives you online access to all your personal data through your account.
- You can add or update personal data stored as part of you account at any time.
- If you do not wish to receive email or other mail from us, please adjust your preferences.
You can also ask us whether we are keeping personal data about you by contacting us:
Post: Axisweb, Creative Industries Space, The Art House, Drury Lane, WAKEFIELD WF1 2TE
We will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data which we keep about you, within 28 days. We will require proof of your identity and will provide the information at a charge of £10.
We may change the terms of this policy from time to time, so please ensure you check it frequently.
Last amend: 13 May 2013