‘The Absent’s Presence, Hair Drawing’, my currently exhibiting piece, is an articulation of the ephemeral idea of presence. The indent you left on my bed, a hair on my pillow. My continuing practice investigates the reverberation of the unseen through documenting its evidence. Hair is a visceral reminder of a presence, provoking questions of the who or what it belonged to. Through giving these traces a human form we can finally acknowledge the presence, face to face.
CV & Education
I am a graduate of the University of Oxford Brookes with a First Class Honours in BA Undergraduate Fine Arts. With a strong emphasis on practical artwork, I have a very complex and current knowledge and involvement in the contemporary arts scene. Through my experience as a Gallerist for Aidan Meller Galleries based in Oxford, I have developed a wide selection of administrative skills and an understanding of the inner workings of a Gallery. As a trained artist myself, I am passionate about creating artwork, the creative processes and the theory as well being familiar with it’s setting within the social world.
2011 – 2014 Pending BA Degree in Fine Art at Oxford Brookes University.
2010 – 2011 Foundation Diploma in Arts with Distinction at De Montfort University.
2008 – 2010 11 GCSE’s A* to C, 3 A level’s, Fine art (A*), Photography (A*) & Geography (B).
- Creative and Academic Writing of high quality shown through my Dissertation which received a First
- Excellent time keeping skills through juggling a Fine Art Degree, Degree show organisation and part
- Experience as Secretary of Degree Show preparation with duties such as taking minutes, circulating
emails, organising meetings and fundraising organisation.
- Painter in the mediums of Acrylic and Oil and strong experience of digital and darkroom photography.
- Extensive involvement in the organisation, staffing and running of group exhibition and private
Gallerist at the ‘Aidan Meller Galleries’ September 2011 - Present
- Part time employment on an Internship Premise.
- Experience in responsibility of managing the gallery unaccompanied.
- Taught and put into practice sales techniques improving confidence with clients
and social skills.
- Experienced the curator position through hanging exhibitions independently.
- Improved a skill base in administrative work managing the phone, email and website
- Built on a wide knowledge of artists and theory.
- Experienced the professional exchanges between artists and commercial galleries and
the processes involved.
Arts Writer for the Oxford Brookes ‘OBserver’ newspaper. February 2012 – Present
- Reviews of Artist Exhibitions.
- Discussion of Art Theory.
- Published Cartoon Illustrations.
Commissioned Artwork & Exhibitions
- Jerwood Drawing Prize Exhibition September 2014
- ‘Isis’ Group Exhibition, Brick Lane, London June 2014
- Oxford Brookes Fine Art Degree Show May 2014
- Commissioned Artwork Traditional Oil Portrait on Canvas August 2013
- Commissioned Artwork Acrylic Landscape Painting on Canvas. December 2012
- ‘Amalgam’ Group Exhibition, Broad Canvas, Oxford November 2012
- Age UK Charity Postcard Exhibition in November 2012
Milton Keynes College Gallery
- Foundation Diploma Exhibition at De Montfort University May 2011
Published Illustrations May – September 2012
- 16 Camera Ready Hand Drawn Watercolour Illustrations for publishing purpose.
- Practiced working to a brief in the commercial world.
- Gained an understanding of finance and invoicing on a professional scale.
Public Artwork May – August 2012
- Public Space Installation in University Grounds.
- Experienced working on a large scale and with third parties during construction.