My work, often referred to as ‘time pieces’ sets out to examine the world around us and the man-made footprint within the landscape.
Utilising found and discarded materials, lost items both in substance and also in meaning, I re-evaluate and give them a new significance to sit within a modern contemporary existence.
My practice involves the study of traditional painting techniques from the highly religious renaissance masters, using pigments and oil paints together with more recently invented products and available materials such as polycarbonate hard resins and acrylic paints.
My work is often subjected to the natural elements in as much to become the actual subject rather than just a representational image, the passing of time being contained within the faded, cracked and blistered paints.
I Create work that examines time, memory and human interaction within the world and natures dominance whereby this use begins to decline, representing a world without us and allowing us to examine what still remains.
CV & Education
2012 - Present - artist and director of Cross Street Arts and gallery.
- East Prospect Project II, AR, USA
- Cross Street Arts Open Studio Exhibition, England
- Warrington Museum & Art Gallery, England
- The Emporium of Curious Objects, England
- The Turnpike Gallery, Lancashire, England
- The Chapel Gallery, Ormskirk, England
- East Prospect Project, AR, U.S.A.
- Art on a card; various locations, England
- "Time Pieces" Peter Scott Gallery, Lancaster
- "Looking Sideways" Drumcroon Gallery
- "Life through a minor window", London
- "Skin Deep", London
- "Dreams in a changing landscape", Manchester (with the Alteri Chamber Choir)
- "Stations of the Cross", Manchester
2013 - curated 'Through Time and distance' by Scottish artist Stewart Bremner and American artist Megan Chapman.
2013 - awarded at Warrington Museum & Art Gallery for innovative contemporary art (What Still Remains)
2010 - 2012 - artist in residence at Soaptank Studios, Warrington, Cheshire.
2012 - The World Without Us - solo exhibition at Hive Gallery, USA.
2012 - Time Pieces exhibition at Peter Scott Gallery, Lancaster University. Including radio interview for Ressonance FM (Clear Spot)
2011 - Liverpool Bienniel; exhibition at View Two Gallery, Liverpool. Including artist talk and lecture on the religious significance in art past and present.