My background includes being a graphic designer, photographer and a general manager, marketer and buyer in the photographic retail trade. I have managed teams and negotiated all sorts of business opportunities and company issues. As a marketer, I have collaborated with the Format international festival, the Royal Photographic Society and 44 AD Art-Space as a fundraiser and marketer.
My career, degree and artistic practice have been predominantly in the photographic field. Why? Photography has provided me with some answers. As a dyslexic with short-term memory difficulties, the visual language allows me to remember and recall. This recording of still images has become, at times, an obsession as I try to capsulise a moment or a thought.
My final degree piece explored the fragility of time and the many layers that create history. For the final project I captured ephemeral moments, layered them and presented them in a compressed form. By observing traces of time I questioned what is the ‘decisive moment’*. I am keen to question photographic rules, play with processes and combine specialism in creating the work.
Harold Edgerton, Saul Leiter, Bill Brandt, Duane Michals and David Hockney are just some of the photographic artists who have influenced me. Their styles are diverse, but they are all keen observers, who create interesting and iconic images.
I would like to explore my practice further in various creative environment and collaborate with other. I am keen to grow as an artist, photographer and curator. As an open minded receptive individual I am keen to make the most of all opportunities made available.
*Henri Cartier-Bresson decisive moment concept
CV & Education
- 2017 - (Current Studies) - MA Visual Communications at Bath Spa University
- 2016 - Associate - Chartered Institute Of Marketing
- 2012 - First Class Degree in Creative Arts (Photography) - OCA (New Bucks University)
- 2012 - ARPS (Associate) - The Royal Photographic Society
- 1994 - HND Graphic Design - Southampton Solent University
Exhibitions & Festival Involvement
- Photography On A Postcard - The Print Space, Shoreditch - 12th – 24th October
- Alternative Facts - PHOTO BATH Exhibition - 44AD Art Space, Bath - 12th – 24th September
- 44AD Studio Artists (celebrating 5 years) 44AD, Bath – 30th August 3rd September
- Identity - 44AD Art Space, Bath – 3rd – 13th August
- Find Another Bath Exhibition - RUH, Bath - 30th March - 10th July
- 48 hour notice - TRACK - 44AD Art Space, Bath - 9th February - 19th February
- Open Exhibition - Chapel Arts Centre, Bath - 2nd November 2016 - 2nd January 2017
- Find Another Bath Exhibition - 44AD Art Space, Bath - 15th November - 20th November
- PHOTO BATH Members Exhibition - 44AD Art Space, Bath - 7th November - 13th November
- Curating For A Cure 2016 - Art Auction October 2016
- Urban 2016 Photo Awards - Dom Literatury, Lódz, Poland - August 2016
- Urban 2016 Photo Awards - 400 Bar, Budapest, Hungary - August 2016
- Bath open art prize exhibition 2016 - 44AD Art Space, Bath - 27th May - 12th June
- PHOTO BATH Founders - Street Seen - 44AD Art Space, Bath - 18th August – 23rd August
- Bath open art prize exhibition - 44AD Art Space, Bath - 1st June - 7th June
- Edition 1 printmaking exhibition - 44AD Art Space, Bath - 15th April - 26th April
- The North exhibition - The World of Glass, St Helens - 30th March - 17th May
- Format 15 International photographic festival - Derby - March 2015
- 24 Hours In Bristol photographic competition - September 2014
- Eighth Wonder open exhibition at 44AD art space in Bath - August 2014
- Pie magazine photographic competition - May 2014
- Format 14 International photographic festival - Derby - March 2014
- Photographic Association Of Dum Dum, Kolkata, India - January 2014
- Eighth Wonder open exhibition at 44AD art space in Bath - August 2013
- A year in the life of..... at Bath Botanic Gardens - June - July 2012
- New York City exhibition at the Boston Tea Party, Bath - July - August 2011
- Western region exhibition - RPS exhibition tour - September - October 2009