I am an emerging visual Artist and Designer operating in the Midlands. My artworks focus on contemporary culture, specifically everyday symbolism or personal thoughts and experiences.
As a medium, I am interested in developing my hand-drawn work. I tend to digitalise my drawings to experiment with various manipulations and colouring. Or, vice versa, I convert print-based media to traditional methods. I hope to develop my printing knowledge to craft my own pieces in their entirety – bridging the gap between technology, design, product, and artist.
I also produce artwork that looks inwards, stimulating personal emotions and memories in viewers. Or artwork that looks outward towards others; projecting an idea or observation. My inspiration is, therefore, mine and my viewers experience contemporary society. Often drawing attention to that which is overlooked or forgotten. I hope viewers will have their day-to-day perspectives and thinking challenged, or even shifted, by viewing my work.
CV & Education
Ryan Lee Boultbee - www.boltandbee.co.uk
Self-employed Midlands Artist & Designer - Since Dec 2018 (3 months)
- Group Exhibition: New Comers, Focus Gallery Nottingham - Apr to May 2019
- Solo Exhibition: Break Here, Surface Gallery Nottingham - Mar to Apr 2019
- Solo Exhibition: Potpourri, LCB Depot Leicester - Mar 2019 to Feb 2020
- Volunteer coordinator for UK Young Artist - Feb 2019
- Commission 'Tastes like Summer' (reprint) - Feb 2019
- Open 29 LCB prize winner 2018
- Open 29 exhibiting 'Tastes like Summer' print - Dec 2018 - Feb 2019
Nottingham University Caving Club Publicity Officer - 2018/19
Architecture Tutor - 2017 and 2018 terms
DABE, University of Nottingham
Architecture Science (PhD) - Oct 2017 to Oct 2018
University of Nottingham
Studies Suspended due to forced topic shift
Nottingham YCA Architecture winner 2017
Architecture and the Built Environment (Hons) 2014-2017
1st Class, University of Nottingham
Sous Chef and Abboyer - 2010-2015