Arcadia Missa is a gallery and publishers based in London, focusing on contemporary art after the Internet. Arcadia Missa pulls together research and discourse into its programme, publications, and collaborations (such as with the Post Media Lab at the University of Leuphana). Arcadia Missa represents artists Amalia Ulman, Maja Cule, and Harry Sanderson. More info: http://arcadiamissa.com/
Publications available from: http://arcadiamissa.tictail.com/
CV & Education
Rózsa Farkas, Lecturer and Curator, London
Rozsa [AT] arcadiamissa [DOT] com
2011 – present, Founding Director, Curator and co-editor of Arcadia Missa Gallery and publishers, London
Selected Curated Exhibitions:
· LuckyPDF & Warren Garland, Sleep Faster, 2011
· PAMI (Peckham Artists Moving Image) 2011, co-organiser
· Katja Novitskova and Amalia Ulman, Profit | Decay, 2012
· Jesse Darling, Stockholm Syndrome and other System Failures, 2012
· Open Office Programme, June-December 2012, featuring Clunie Reid, Riyo Nemeth, Iain Ball, Jennifer Chan, Ann Hirsch, Yuri Pattison, Marlie Mul, Hannah Perry and more. Supported by the Arts Council of England.
· (networked) every whisper is a crash on my ears programme, 2013, supported by The Arts Council of England and the Post Media Lab. Programme includes Amalia Ulman’s Ethira; and Harry Sanderson’s render farm project - featuring Hito Steyerl, Maja Cule, Clunie Reid, Takeshi Shiomitsu, Melika Ngombe Kolongo and Daniella Russo. Also Megan Rooney and Holly White novella and exhibition, and ‘Random House’ exhibition with Jasper Spicero, Jill Magid, Emma Talbot, and Bunny Rogers.
Selected Curated Talks and Events
· The A-Course Inquiry, UAL Shaping Sculpture 2010 (assistant curator), http://newsevents.arts.ac.uk/event/the-a-course-an-inquiry/
· Sate and Lore, 2012, South London Gallery, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_E66mmTuuQ
· Mining the Image, 2013, Transmediale - ReSource, Berlin: http://www.transmediale.de/content/resource-006-overflow - mining the image
Selected Speaking Experience
· Speaker on Panel for Cult of the Amateur at Cell Project Space http://www.cellprojects.org/content/cult-amateurtest
· Individual Video Lecture for Waves of Direction / V4ULT Berlin, August 2013, http://v4ult.cc/
· Mass Exhibitionism, 2013, The Photographers Gallery: http://thephotographersgallery.org.uk/mass-exhibitionism
· ReSource 006, Transmediale, Berlin, September 2013 http://www.transmediale.de/content/resource-006-overflow#mining the image
· Panel at ICA, moderated by Karen Archey, upcoming 17th October 2013 http://www.ica.org.uk/39298/Talks/PostNet-Aesthetics.html
· Educational Salon at ICA http://www.ica.org.uk/39871/Talks/Friday-Salon-Rethinking-Your-Practice.html
· Texts in: Eros, Post Media Lab Anthology, The New Inquiry and Appendix Project Space catalogue, Mute Magazine, Jotta, Symbol, .dpi journal, and Total Vitality, amongst others. Longer list here: http://arcadiamissa.tumblr.com/writing
Selected Editorial Experience
· I am co-editor of all Arcadia Missa publications, please see here for more details: http://arcadiamissa.tictail.com/
Selected Lecturing Experience
Guest Speaker for Goldsmith’s University. LAB: Transforming Critical Practice course, Seminar. MA Contemporary Art Theory. Visual Cultures Dept.
I have been a guest lecturer at University of the Arts London since October 2010, and have taught on BA and MA Fine Art courses across the Universities colleges such as Camberwell, CSM and Chelsea. Including as dissertation tutor to BA Fine Art students at Camberwell college of Arts.
November 2013, Visiting Lecturer at Nottingham Trent University.
· Awarded Grants for the Arts funding from The Arts Council of England for both a talk-exhibition-publication project within the Open Office Programme, and for the entire (networked) every whisper is a crash on my ears programme and accompanying digital and publications.
· Research Fellowship for the theme of Organisation After Networks at the Post Media Lab at Leuphana University Lüneburg (March – Sept 2013)
· Curatorial Residency for http://tank.tv/ http://arcadiamissa.tumblr.com/writing
· Awarded Grants for the Arts funding from The Arts Council of England for the ‘Re-Materialising Feminism’ Conference – produced in collaboration with Marina Vishmidt, and taking place across two London Institutions over two weekends, May 2014