My work explores the scale and impact of human behaviour on people and planet with a focus on global trade and consumer culture.
In my work I explore some of the visual and aural strategies used in advertising to mesmerise and seduce the viewer, presenting a subject overwhelming in scale yet somehow pleasing to watch.
I was born in Carmarthen in Wales but now based near Bath. I have a BA in Photographic Art from PCL and a MA in Fine Art from Bath School of Art. I am an associate artist at Spike Island in Bristol.
CV & Education
- Instructional Designer / tutor University of Bath (Part time)
- Video and photographic artist
BA (Hons) 2:1 in Film, Video & Photographic Art from Polytechnic of Central London 1990 to 1993
MA (Fine Art), Distinction Bath Spa University 2018-2020
Exhibitions and Residencies
- Coca-Cola’s Nazi Adverts, Nancy Victor Gallery, Charlotte St, London May 2004
- The Foundry, London 2004
- Cultural Centre DOM, Moscow, 2006
- John Ruskin Prize 2019, Holden Gallery, Manchester, 2019
- Small Axe Film Festival, Dorset 2019
- Signature Art Prize (Finalist exhibition), Bankside Gallery, January 2020
- Oriel Myrddin, Carmarthen, West Wales. August 2020
- All at Sea, Portobello Beach, Edinburgh, October 2020
- TyPawb Open Wrexham, Wales October 20 – March 21
- RWA Open Bristol, November 20-March 21
- Emerge Residency – Bath Spa University 2020-2021
- FlatPack Film Festival, Birmigham, May 21
- FaB Silent Film programme, 44AD, Bath 21