Contact Julie Arnall @ email@example.com
I am an artist and educator, working primarily in drawing and printmaking. I have worked for many years in art and design education, in a variety of higher and further education settings.
I originally studied BA Three Dimensional Design at Middlesex Polytechnic, and worked during the Nineties designing and producing ceramic tiles and door furniture for domestic interiors. As a member of the New Designers in Business group, I exhibited at trade fairs and exhibitions. I produced a series of commissions for Smallbone of Devizes, and my work was featured in their showrooms and print advertisements.
During the Nineties, I also began teaching art and design courses in higher education.
In 2002-03 I returned to study and completed an MA Fine Art: Print at Wimbledon School of Art. Following this, I worked as a practicing artist, showing traditional and digital prints at exhibitions in London, New York and Tokyo. During this period, my ‘Chandeliers’ series of photoetchings were reproduced by the Art Group as posters.
I also worked as a lecturer at Wimbledon College of Art (University of the Arts London), where I was Tutor for BA Fine Art/Theatre Life Drawing Unit. I was also a Sessional Tutor for BA Fine Art and Foundation; and Diversity and Progression Tutor, providing gallery workshops, and presentations for local schools. I also created and delivered short courses for pre-Foundation and adult learners accessing the University through widening participation, including Photoshop, Life Drawing and Printmaking.
I also taught a long running Life Drawing class at Kingston University
I curently live in Hertfordshire and teach drawing, printmaking and life drawing classes for adults. I continue my printmaking and drawing practise, exhibiting locally and submitting work to national competitions.
CV & Education
- BA (Hons) Three Dimensional Design 2:1; Middlesex Polytechnic, 1988-91
- Further and Adult Teachers’ Certificate, City and Guilds 7307 (Stages 1&2); Harrow College, 1998-99
- MA Fine Art: Print; Wimbledon School of Art, 2002-03
- Postgraduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching Art, Design and Communication; CLTAD, University of the Arts London, 2005-06
- Self-employed ceramic designer and maker 1991-2003
- P/T Tutor Art and Design, Harrow College, West Herts College, and others 1999-2004
- Self-employed designer “Thumbprints” 2003-08
- Short Course Tutor, Kingston University 2003-07
- P/T Lecturer, Wimbledon College of Art (University of the Arts London) 2005-08: Convenor and Tutor for BA Fine Art/Theatre Life Drawing Unit. Sessional Tutor: BA Minor Units in Print and Photography; BA Graphic Media/Print and Digital Media; Diversity and Progression Tutor; Short Course Tutor.
- Short Course Tutor, Chelsea College of Art (University of the Arts London) 2007
- Hertford Art Trail 2018
- Harlow Open Exhibition, Gibberd Gallery, Harlow 2018
- Courtyard Arts Open Exhibition, Hertford 2017, 16
- Stortford Art Wall, Bishop’s Stortford 2017, 15, 14
- A is for Alphabet, Will’s Art, London SW15 2010
- The Affordable Art Fair, London SW11 2006, 07, 08, 09
- Originals ’06, The Mall Galleries, London SW1 2006
- The Affordable Art Fair, New York 2006, 08
- Kingston Contemporary Open 2005, 2006
- Will’s Art, London SW10 2005-09
- Battersea Contemporary Art Fair, SW11 2004, 05, 06, 07
- Beyond Given Perceptions, Lauderdale House, London N8 2005
- Machida City Museum of Graphic Arts, Tokyo 2003
- BHF Bank, London EC1 2003
- Design Resolutions, Royal Festival Hall, London SW1 1997
- Bluecoat Gallery, Liverpool 1997
- New Designers in Business, Brussels 1994
- Sue Williams Gallery, London W10 1993
- The Economist Building, London SW1 1992
- The Smiths Gallery, London WC1 1992