My work is about simplicity on a negative space. I’ve been inspired by an examination of the traces on natural things or observed features of things. Experiencing them in reality, I’ve often found the interactions between their elements. They include a sort of relationships or collisions. Encountering the vulnerability of things in working processes, I also think the same feature of human beings in our life. My concern about materials is its intrinsic lightness, transparency and fragility. I'm interested in handling them repeatedly and quietly.
CV & Education
2014 MFA, Bathspa University, UK.
2000 PhD, University of Sheffield, UK.
1990-2011 Sangmyung University, Seoul (teaching).
1996-2000 Information Studies, University of Sheffield, Sheffield (research).
2003-2013 'Automatic Text Processor' registered by Korean Intellectural Property Office.
2014 Istanbul-Korea Art Show, Cennet Kultur ve Sanat Merkezi, Istanbul.
2008 Europe and Asia Today, Art Center Berlin, Berlin.
selected group exhibitions
- 2019 PINK Art Fair, Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas, Seoul.
- 2018 Seoul Art Show, COEX, Seoul
- 2018 Hello New York, Able Fine Art gallery, New York.
- 2017 Hued in the Korean Traditional House, LeeSoo gallery, Seoul.
- 2017 A Transparent Bag, Kyung-In Museum of Fine Art, Seoul.
- 2016 Present and Future of the Korean Fine Art, Seoul Art Center, Seoul.
- 2016 The Woman Photo Festival, Seoul Art Center Hangaram Art Museum, Seoul.
- 2015 Korea Art Festival, Joseph D. Carrier Art Gallery, Columbus Centre, Ontario.
- 2014 MFAShow, Bath School of Art and Design, Sionhill, Bath.
- 2014 Korea & Turkey friendship exchange exhibition, Seoul Museum of Art, Seoul.
- 2013 MFA Interim show, Bath School of Art and Design, Dartmouth Project Space, Bath.
- 2012 the 8th Korea Fine Arts Concours for Peace. Peace Fine Arts Association, Seoul.
- 2012 the 3rd Whoi So group exhibition, Baiksong gallery, Seoul.
- 2010 happiness plus, IllMARE gallery, Seoul.
- 2008 the 11th World Peace Art exhibiiton, Seoul art gallery, Seoul.
- 2008 Vision, Topohaus, Seoul.
- 2007 Good Life, GS Tower gallery, Seoul.
- 2006 San Francisco Korean Contemporary Art, Kang gallery, San Francisco.
- 2006 Vision: the Exhibition for Charity, Vit gallery, Seoul.
- 2005 the 16th Kagoshima-Kwangju exchange exhibition, Kagoshima Historical Resources Center, Kagoshima.