2015 marks the centenary of the French composer Erik Satie.
I hope to put on an exhibition/instalation to mark this. This will not feature any direct influences, but will be a celebration of the anarchical, simple/complex nature of Satie’s art, and his particular persona. It will include paintings, constructions, video , text and sound. It will take the form of a ‘tableau’ a particularly French form, popular from Watteau onwards.
It is hoped, that the project will be open to live music and theatre too.
My axis site will chart the progress of the project over the next five years.
Furniture Music. I was involved with this as part of my PhD show at Brighton University in 2001. These objects do nor exist any more, but the first part of the project will be to make some new ‘furniture’ . For the meantime, this will exist in the form of maquettes.
CV & Education
- 2013 - The Archaeology of the Frivolous - The Collection, Lincoln
- 2010 - PLAY-ON, Bank St Arts, Sheffield
- 2000 - PhD Exhibition, University of Brighton, Brighton
- 2007 - Conflict, 20/21 gallery , Scunthorpe 2007
- 2007 - in their own words, End Gallery, Sheffield Hallam University
- 2007 - Stuff Happens, Angel Row Gallery,
- 2005 - Winter Lightworks, Workington, Cumbria