Adrián Navarro seeks to expand the vocabulary of the visual arts, establishing connections between the pictorial medium, perception, architecture and abstraction. Navarro’s visual exploration celebrates the dichotomy among physical confinement and expansive freedom in painting.
The artist’s training as an architect becomes apparent in his approach, showing architecture’s ultimate function: creating habitable spaces. His paintings work as a window to an illusory landscape through a skin that creates the effect of permeability and detachment. Navarro’s struggle between opposites symbolizes the pulsation of life that plays tensely with the role of our body in the artificial world.
CV & Education
Qualifications and training
- 2007 Studies, Central Saint Martin’s College of Art & Design, London
- 2000 MA Arts & Architecture, Polytechnic University of Madrid - School of Architecture, Madrid ?
- 2013 Red Space, Galeria Pilar Serra, Madrid
- 2012 In&Out, 60 Threadneedle Street Art Space, London
- 2012 Reflections, Maerz Contemporary, Berlin
- 2011 Ciclo Anillos, Galeria Pilar Serra, Madrid
- 2010 Ring Cycle, Hammerson Art Space, London
- 2009 Implosion, Hammerson Art Space, London
- 2014 The Collection, Eastmen Gallery, Hasselt, Belgium
- 2013 Geometry of chance, Mirus Gallery, San Francisco
- 2013 Premiere 2013, Maerz Contemporary, Berlin
- 2012 Complices del arte español , Fundación Canal, Madrid
- 2011 Sagacity, Forman´s Smoke House Gallery, London
- 2010 La Perruque, Hackney WickED Festival, London
- 2010 -Pintura y Escultura, Galeria Pilar Serra, Madrid