Summer of Craft - Twitter debate
Craftivist Collective, Royal Standard workshop. Credit: Sarah Corbett
To conclude our Summer of Craft we hosted a live twitter debate chaired by Sarah Corbett from Craftivist Collective (@Craftivists) on Wednesday 28 August.
We wanted to know the questions and issues facing makers from across the disciplines, and find out artists and organisations are doing in response.
- Where do craft and contemporary art cross over?
- What can different practitioners learn from each other?
- How important are making skills and materiality?
- How can making things make the world a better place?
See below for an account of our #SummerOfCraft discussion
Summer of Craft on Axisweb
- Textile Art: some prickly facts by Jessica Hemmings
- Craft Collectives by Louise Taylor
- Craft and Social Change: conference report by Billie Tilley
- Creative Art Practice by Becky Shaw