New Expressions 3 filming
Yelena Popova in her studio
New Expressions 3 have commissioned Axisweb to produce a series of films about contemporary artists working with museums to create new work in response to their historic collections
Taking these collections as their starting point, projects will range from long-term interventions to one-off performances.
We're filming six of the projects for New Expressions and have been interviewing both the artist and the project lead at each museum to find out about the new work that's been created and to also hear about the successes and challenges of working in a museum context.
- 'Blind Spot' by Tim Shore at The Workhouse, Southwell
- 'The Collector's Case' by Yelena Popova at Upton House near Banbury
- 'Heavy Rock' by Keith Harrison at Plymouth City Museum & Art Gallery
- 'Memoria' by David Bridges at Armley Mills Industrial Museum, Leeds
- 'The Working End' by Nancy J Clemance at Bridport Museum, Dorset
- 'Playing the Cave' by Uta Kogelsberger at Abbot Hall, Kendal; Tullie House, Carlisle and Wordsworth Trust, Grasmere
New Expressions 3 is a national Arts Council England pathfinder project funded by ACE's Museum Resilience Fund. The films will be released later this year.
Published November, 2015
More films produced by Axisweb
If you would like to commission a film from Axisweb, please contact Julian Lister, Media Producer - firstname.lastname@example.org.