Job Opportunity: Digital Evaluator
***Applications now closed***
Axis are looking to commission a Digital Evaluator to support evaluation of the Social ARTery our new interactive online exchange platform to facilitate remote collaboration and creative making. Conceived in response to the growth of community-centred art making and the current need for better digital solutions to support participatory work as a result of Covid-19, the platform aims to become an alternative to mainstream social media sites, to create and present participatory art innovatively, run workshops, host peer-to-peer meetups and archive the learnings for the benefit of the wider artistic community.
The role of Digital Evaluator will entail:
- Working with Axis Social Producers (Head Librarian & Lead Artist) & Project Coordinator to develop evaluation strategy and facilitate reflection to inform learning
- Artist Liaison: contacting and following up with artists commissioned and programmed on to the platform to gather feedback.
- Developing content for and attending Feedback Forum in Jan 2021
- Understanding intersection between digital technology, participation and new users.
- Collating feedback notes of artists for reflexive evaluative purposes.
- Being a spokesperson for Artery & SOAL in external settings, representing the platform fairly and ethically
- Keep independent track of hours and work to agreed budget.
- Knowledge of Axis policies, including Code of Conduct, Terms & Conditions, Safer
- Spaces. Feedback on how these can be expanded or edited as needed through
- commission learning.
- Reporting and highlighting any issues and concerns to Axis core team.
- Attending staff meetings and agreeing on work distribution
- Understanding inclusion and diversity both in digital platform and in the larger network of the communities the artist represents and is working with and translating this into a reflexive evaluation model.
- Collaborate with Axis team to develop evaluation and feedback strategies and modes of collection.
£1500, Jan 2020 > March 2021 (3 months)
Approx 2 days a month
January = 1 day
Team meetings = 0.5 days
Learning forum = 0.5 day
February= 4 days
Team meetings = 0.5 days
Data collection with Axis team & Pioneer participants = 1.5 day
Implementing evaluation strategy = 2 day
March = 5 days
Collating feedback from artists = 2 day
Feed into the inclusivity report - Artery = 1 day
Finalise evaluation = 2 days