Phil Whiting is based in Helston, South West
"A history painter on the moral high ground who retrieves a redemptive beauty from the jaws of disaster and human folly."
"Whiting paints the land and the sea to evoke half forgotten memories or places of trauma, ensuring that his works are without exception striking, full of passion and often dark."
Current and forthcoming events
- November - December 2013: Glasbury Arts 10th Anniversary Festival Art Exhibition, Glasbury transferring to the Cyfartha Castle Publically Owned Museum & Gallery, Merthyr Tydfil, Glasbury and Merthyr Tydfil (more info)
- 2009 Remembrance - Places of Mourning in the Western World (see Bridgeman Art Library), New College Antechapel, University of Oxford
- 2008 Phil Whiting The Anxiety of Erasure, The Bayart Gallery, Cardiff
- 2006 Srebrenica, Paintings from the Grave., European Parliament Building, Brussels, The Yehudi Menuhin Space
- 2006 Painting 'Par Docks, Cornwall.', The collection of the Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne MP, London
- 1994 Painting 'Geevor Tin Mine 2'. The Collection of The Royal Cornwall Museum, The Royal Cornwall Museum,, Truro
- 2006 'The Womans Block', The Guardian, The Saturday Guardian main section.
- 2005 To Bear Witness as a War Artist, The Fund for Refugees in Slovenia, Bosnia
Axis pages last updated 25/04/2013