Anastasia Lewis is based in London
I use the seemingly fragile, mysterious butterfly as a metaphor to express my interest in cultural diversity.
Using mainly watercolour, each butterfly is hand painted and my own invention. In each work there is always one image with a unique variation.
This singular image is contained by the overall structure, but it is also slightly apart.
- 2011 I feel like everyone else,I just look different, Long and Ryle gallery, london
- 2007 New Landscape Paintings, Bend in the River, Gainsborough
- 2011 London Art Fair, London Business Centre, Islington
- 2008 National Open Art Competition, Minerva Theatre, Chichester
- 2008 London Art Fair, Business Centre, london
- 2005 The Discerning Eye, Mall Galleries, London
- 2004 Hunting Art Prize, Royal College of Art, London
Axis pages last updated 30/04/2013