Sue Purcell is based in the Dernol Valley, nr. Llanidloes, Wales
I am a visual artist making combinations of assemblages, paintings and drawings, either on a macro or micro format that uses a range of found objects and / or traditional materials.
Seeing and exploring how nature and the man-made intertwines either naturally or from my own imaginings has been the main strand that informs my practice.
Current and forthcoming events
- May - June 2013: Palace Art Fest, The Bishops Palace, Hereford (more info)
- 2012 Nature and the Human Spirit, The Old School House, The Bleddfa Centre, nr Knighton, Powys
- 2012 Above Beneath Beyond #II, The Andrew Lamont Gallery, Theatr Brycheiniog, Brecon, Powys
- 2012 Majestic Moths, An Acre of Art, Wigmore, North Herefordshire
- 2011 POWYS ARTS MONTH, Mid Wales Arts Centre, Maesmawr, Caersws, Powys.
- 2011 Delights of Drawing, Railway Carriage, Llandeilo Graban, Builth Wells, Powys.
- 2010 Above Beneath Beyond, Atrium, Nature in Art, Wallsworth Hall, Twigworth, Gloucestershire.
- 2008 Project Manager, Public art works, Compton's Yard Trust, Llanidloes, Powys. Street art: Skate Park, Willow Sculpture: Victoria Park, Carved Gate: Compton's Yard Trust Garden.
Axis pages last updated 14/03/2013