Françoise Dupré is based in London
Crossing over the disciplines of sculpture, crafts and design, Dupré appropriates and re-contextualises stitching and everyday objects to create hybrid objects and ephemeral installations.
These installations are developed in her studio as well as created in the context of transnational collaborative-participatory projects. For Dupré these two approaches are interconnected and equally instrumental in the development of her practice.
- 2012 étoile (star), The Gallery at The Idea Store Whitechapel, London
- 2011 autre mers(other seas), Women's Library, London Metropolitan University, London
- 2011 Mailles, Maison du Danemark, Paris, France
- 2007 Radical Lace & Subversive Knitting, Museum of Arts and Design, New York, touring USA
- 2012 flowers (bonne mamans), stripes and flowers, Vital Arts (Barts and The London, NHS Trust), Antenatal Clinic, Royal London Hospital
- 2011 Brixton Calling!, 198 Contemporary Arts and Learning, London, England, UK
- 2009 OUVRAGE [uvra:ž], French Cultural Centre in Mostar, Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Axis pages last updated 14/12/2012