Ana Rosa Hopkins is based in Manchester, North West
I am an Argentinian-born British contemporary visual artist.
I work extensively in glass and use the medium as a vehicle to transport multi-layered messages and meaning moving away from the traditional and decorative possibilities of glass and defying its material boundaries. My work exploits the sediments of history and narrative embedded in materials; an inherent or invested 'backstory'.
Qualifications and training
- 2011 Research candidate PhD by Practice Art & Design, MIRIAD, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester
- 2011 MA Fine Art, Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester
- 2012 21st Century Rural Museum, Palacio das Artes, Porto Portugal
- 2012 Cabedal, Plataforma Revolver, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2012 Meanwhile See This, Castlefield Gallery, Manchester
- 2012 neo:artprize 2012 show, neo:artists Gallery 22, Bolton, UK
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2012 neo:artprize 2012 WINNER, neo:artists, UK
Axis pages last updated 04/03/2013