Lexi Strauss is based in Malvern, West Midlands
I paint found imagery, sometimes combining it with a verbatim theatre technique.
The paintings are suggestive stage sets. Juxtaposing them with subtly related performances hopefully encourages personal responses to inner narratives and perhaps highlights the common purpose of all art forms.
Humanitarian in nature, and led by the subconscious, the work explores human alienation and connection.
Qualifications and training
- 2012 MA Painting, Royal College of Art, London
- 2013 REACT, Dilston Grove, London
- 2013 Notes to Self, Dyson Gallery, London
- 2012 Candid arts (London), Universitat der Kunste, Berlin
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2013 Shortlisted for New Contemporaries, ICA, London
- 2012 Elmley Foundation, Award, .
- 2012 Windsor and Newton scholarship, RCA, London
Axis pages last updated 05/05/2013