Dragana Jurisic is based in Dublin, International
My practice questions the nature of photographic seeing. Are photographers standing back and taking the wider view which separates them both physically and psychologically from their subjects ‘like the gods gazing down on the earth with Olympian dispassion’; or are they hiding with their presented vision, the hurt that they experience in the process? Are photographers tricked by beauty?
Qualifications and training
- 2008 MFA Documentary Photography, University of Wales, Newport, UK
- 2013 Blood flows, and life goes on, Belfast Exposed, Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2012 Artists' Studio Award, The Royal Hibernian Academy, Dublin, Ireland
- 2012 Travel and Training Award, Arts Council Ireland, Ireland
- 2012 Project funding, Belfast Exposed in association with the ACNI, Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK
- 2011 Student Graduate Prize, The International Rebecca West Society, New York, USA
- 2011 The Curtin O’Donoghue Emerging Photographic Artist Award, Royal Hibernian Academy, Dublin, Ireland.
Axis pages last updated 27/10/2012