Heather James is based in The Lake District, North West
My paintings draw on the imagery and meaning of the Northern European Still Life tradition, to explore issues arising from contemporary attitudes toward beauty and how that affects our relationships with each other. They are intensely detailed in their exploration of surface and the minute differences in reproduction, taking weeks to complete, and not all meet my exacting intentions.
- 2012 Solace and Torment, Brantwood, Ruskin's House, Coniston
- 2012 'At the Ten Thousandth Sight', Howden Park Centre, Livingston
- 2011 Cornerhouse Projects, Cornerhouse, Manchester
- 2010 'Dreamland', Art Work Space Gallery, London
- 2008 'Sex Love and Beauty', Customs House, Sandford Goudie Gallery, South Shields, Newcastle.
- 2010 Manchester Contemporary, Spinningfields, Manchester and Liverpool.
- 2007 'From Outside', six historic City of London Churches, London.
Axis pages last updated 19/09/2012