Caroline Rudge is based in Corsham, South West
Caroline's subversive and humorous portraits combine time honoured techniques with postmodern sensibilities. Playing with the notion of traditional portraiture, her striking paintings juxtapose the classic with the contemporary.
Caroline's technical aptitude and thought-provoking imagery, combine to produce memorable and imaginative characters.
Qualifications and training
- 1999 BA (Hons) Fine Art, University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, Cardiff
- 2010 'Time, Tradition and Travesty' - Caroline Rudge's first solo show from 4th Sept - 16th Oct 2010, Clwyd Theatr Cymru, Oriel Gallery, Mold, Flintshire
- 2012 Holburne Portrait Prize 2012, Holburne Museum, Bath
- 2010 The Holburne Portrait Prize 2010, Chapel Row Gallery, Bath
- 2008 The Holburne Portrait Prize, Chapel Row Gallery, Bath
- 2008 Welsh Portrait Award, Various venues throughout Wales during 2008 - 09, Wales
- 2008 Two large paintings commissioned, Standard Chartered Bank Headquarters, London
Axis pages last updated 26/09/2012