Sarah Sabin is based in Colchester, Eastern
Digging about under the surface of places, I gather histories, dissect, and reassemble them. Processes used in Archaeology inform my work.
I use a range of media to create objects and installations. These are underpinned by collage, drawing and photography.
Hidden narratives from places and people also develop permanently sited artworks, projects with public participation, and collaborations.
- 2009 Sarah Sabin ' Domestic Science', Babylon Gallery, Ely, Cambridgeshire
- 2009 Sarah Sabin Artist in residence, works in progress, UCL Institute of Archaeology, Leventis Gallery. and Wilkins Building North observatory, Gordon square, London
- 2008 Artist in residence, Wolfson laboratories, Archaeology department, U.C.L, London www.ucl.ac.uk/archaeology/art/
- 2011 Of gunpowder and gold, firstsite, Colchester
- 2010 Lead Artist, Mackays redevelopment(in progress), Cambridge
- 2009 Public art commission, Greenfields Community Housing, and Richards Partington Architects, Greenfields H.Q , Braintree, Essex
- 2007 Grants for the Arts, major funding award, Arts Council England, East
Axis pages last updated 09/09/2012