Graham Clucas is based in Exeter, South West
I am a non-figurative painter working mainly but not exclusively with acrylic paint on canvas.
My work explores states of order and disorder resulting from the systematic or random addition of marks to a grid. The choice of mark and method of distribution depend on the nature of the idea under investigation, e.g. Time, Silence, Entropy, Freedom, Determinism.
Qualifications and training
- 2002 'Painting Silence' - PhD (Theory and Practice), University of Plymouth, Exeter
- 1971 Fifth exhibition, July 31 August 22, (Second season of seven exhibitions), Serpentine Gallery, London
- 2011 Fishwick and friends, Falmouth Art Gallery, Falmouth, Cornwall
- 2008 Muse, Edgar Modern Gallery, Bath
- 2007 Exeter Contemporary Open (Prize for Devon based artist), Exeter Phoenix, Exeter
- 2006 Full Spectrum: Colour + Chemistry, Sherborne House, Sherborne, Dorset
Axis pages last updated 07/02/2013