Andie Clay is based in Cardigan, Wales
Current work in two dimensions employs painting and drawing techniques.
My practice focuses on explorations of gestural mark making referencing my investigations into inner and outer landscapes of fundamental natural phenomena, and also encompassing influences of sound, resonances and natural cycles.
Paint, ink and pastel are employed in layering techniques with use of interweaving and resist.
Current and forthcoming events
- September - November 2013: Recent Work, Oriel Ceri Richards Gallery, Swansea (more info)
Qualifications and training
- 2012 Associate Membership, The Society of Women Artists, The Mall Galleries, London
- 2011 Recent Work, RWA Friends Room Gallery, Royal West of England Academy, Bristol
- 2011 Featured Artist - International Women's Day Celebration, Off The Wall Gallery, Cardiff
- 2011 The ING Discerning Eye Exhibition 2011, The Mall Galleries, London SW1
- 2011 159th Autumn Exhibition, Royal West of England Academy, Bristol
- 2011 Antiphony - a two person exhibition, Fishguard Arts Society, Tregwynt Mansion, North Pembrokeshire
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2011 St Cuthbert's Mill Award, 150th Celebratory Exhibition, The Society of Women Artists, The Mall Galleries, London SW1
Axis pages last updated 03/09/2012