Fiona Robinson is based in Weymouth, South West
The focus of my practice is drawing whether I am working on paper or canvas. Taking landscape as a starting point for my drawings I merge influences from place, music and literature. I am currently making work that exploits the relationship between repetition, process and denouement across sound, text and visual art forms.
Current and forthcoming events
- March - June 2013: Drawn 2013, Royal West of England Academy, Bristol (more info)
- June - July 2013: From Surface to Structure, Jean Luc Baroni Ltd, London (more info)
- 2012 Parallel Lines of Enquiry, The Allsop Gallery, Bridport Arts Centre, Bridport, Dorset
- 2012 Jerwood Drawing Prize, Jerwood Space and tour, London, Hastings, Brimingham and Bournemouth
- 2012 Drawn to Nature, Rabley Contemporary Drawing Centre, Marlborough, Wiltshire
- 2011 The Frost Drawing Project curated by Emmy Mathis, The Frost Musum, Miami, USA
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2011 Excellence in Drawing Prize, Royal West of England Academy Autumn Exhibition, Bristol
- 2007 Third Prize. 4th International Drawing Biennale, Melbourne, 2007, Australia, Polish Art Foundation, Melbourne, Australia.
- 2007 First Prize, University of Bath Painting Prize., University of Bath, Claverton Down, Bath
Axis pages last updated 20/05/2013