Frances Geesin is based in Heathfield, South East
Frances Geesin is a researcher and textile artist.
The electroplating of textiles, shielding fabrics and industrial thermoplastic materials has become her signature. She is interested in up-cycling textiles and enjoys collaborating with others when appropriate.
She is currently working with scientists exploring Nanotechnology and interpreting their electron microscopic images, contributing through her practice to demystifying nano science.
Qualifications and training
- 1995 PhD Electrodeposition of Fabrics, Royal College of Art, London
- 1966 Des RCA, Woven Textiles, Royal College of Art, London
- 1963 NDD, Painting with Woven Textiles additional, West Sussex College of Art, Worthing, W. Sussex
- 2001 Senior Research Fellow, London College of Fashion, London
- 1999 Senior Research Fellow, Central St Martins & London College of Fashion, London
- 1997 Consultant, Philips Research, Horley
- 1995 Senior Research Fellow, Royal College of Art, London
Axis pages last updated 19/07/2010