Meera Chauda is based in London
My work combines collage, stitch, drawing and photography.
I investigate ways of combining images and objects from childhood stories both Asian and European, in order to construct a new narrative exploring identity and place.
Qualifications and training
- 1995 B.A (HONS) Textile Art, Winchester School of Art, Hampshire
- 2005 Creative Routes, Arts depot, london
- 2003 International Young art uk Finalist, Artlink@ sotheby's, Tel Aviv, Amsterdam, Moscow
- 2003 Creative Connections, The Whitechapel Art Gallery, London
- 2002 Message to India, British Council Queens Gallery, Delhi, India
- 2000 East International, Norwich Gallery, Norwich
- 2006 Drawing Residency, Crafts Council, London
Axis pages last updated 24/08/2011