David Kemp is based in St Just, South West
I collect the "relics" of past civilisations which I exhibit as the re-assembled artefacts ,archeological & ethnographical remains of an extinct society. Commissioned work includes site specific,assemblage sculptures on post industrial sites around Britian.
I am also a painter, working in oils & watercolours a synthesis of the space & energy of the wild maritime environment around me.
- 2010 THE BOTALLACK HOARD, Royal Cornwall Museum, Truro Cornwall
- 2009 "Uncertain Instruments"Apparatus from nearly parallel worlds?, The Customs House Gallery, South Shields
- 2003 Uncertain Instruments, Greve Du Lecq, Jersey Sculpture Trust, Jersey
- 2003 Uncertain Instruments, The Lowry, Salford, Manchester
- 2002 Uncertain Instruments, Newlyn Art Gallery, Penzance, Cornwall
- 1990 The Tribe that Held the Sky Up, McLlellan Gallery, Glasgow City Art Galleries
- 1985 Tailight Society, Manchester City Art Gallery
Axis pages last updated 04/04/2013