Karen Hansen is based in Evershot, South West
Karen Hansen designs with natural form using sustainable materials to create contemporary furniture and largescale sculptural constructions.
She has over the last 20 years developed a distinctive style in combining function and aesthetics to produce cleanline designs for comfortable use to fulfill individual and specific needs for both private and public commissions.
Working techniques include greenwood skills, steambending and carving.
- 2005 Contemporary design and natural form, The Townmill, Lyme Regis
- 2011 Women Work - in Wood, Walford Mill Crafts, Dorset, touring exhibition
- 2011 The Arts & Crafts Legacy,21st Century Furniture III, The Millinery Works Gallery, London
- 2010 Designer Makers 2010, Victoria & Albert Museum, London
- 2011 Women Work - in Wood, Wonder of making, Metropolitan University, London
- 2011 Reception Area Furniture, NHS Dorset, Maiden Castle Road, Dorchester
- 2010 - One Hundred Years of Change, Bournehill Offices, Salisbury
Axis pages last updated 03/01/2012