Jan Blake is based in Bristol, South West
Jan makes sculptures to commission for public, private spaces and for exhibition.
She is drawn to the effect of light and movement on translucent forms in architectural space and capturing the essence of anticipation and change.
Using a range of materials: metals,glass,textiles,paper and cardboard.
- 2011 Genie at Inside Out Exhibition Jamaica Street Artists, Royal West of England Academy, Bristol
- 2011 Gust, Radiotherapy dept. Clatterbridge Cancer Care, Aintree, Liverpool
- 2009 Life- Boat - Collaborative work with Rob Olins, Bristol Heart Institute, Bristol
- 2005 New Leaf, DEFRA (Department for the Environment, Fisheries and Rural Affairs), Atrium space, Nobel House, Smith's Square, London W1, UK
- 2004 NEST - Aerial Sculpture/Mobile, Russell's Hall Hospital, Dudley, UK NHS trust, Entrance to the Mother and Child Unit
- 2003 DISPERSAL - Aerial Sculpture/Mobile, Centrica plc, Atrium space at their headquarters in Windsor, UK
- 2001 Reflex and Abundance, two aerial sculptures, GlaxoSmithKline new headquarters, London, commissioned by International Art Consultants
Axis pages last updated 05/09/2011