Penny Hampson is based in Hebden Bridge, Yorkshire
Architectural ceramics: tile, brick, faience and cladding. I work as a public artist on permanent architectural commissions including the design of metal seating and railings.
My practice focuses on developing ceramic surfaces that play with light through shadow, colour, reflection and transparency.
I combine contemporary industrial processes and materials with hands on tile making methods.
Qualifications and training
- 2006 MA Ceramics, Wolverhampton University, Wolverhampton, UK
- 1996 Post Graduate Teaching Certificate for over 16s, Huddersfield University, Huddersfield, UK
- 2012 Open Studios, Ceramics Studio, Birchcliffe Centre, Hebden Bridge, West Yorks
- 2012 Underpass Artwork, Derwentwater Foreshore Project, Keswick, Lake Rd, Cumbria
- 2010 Pocket Park, SAFLE, Dudley Rd, Wolverhampton
- 2006 Tiled Artwork, AIMS, Deeside Hospital, Queensferry, Flintshire, Wales
Axis pages last updated 05/03/2013