Rachel Sargent is based in Shaftesbury, South West
My paintings are essentially about the landscape around me. They describe my sense and experience of a place.
My work is really about light and its ability to change and define shapes in the land.
I use mixed media, printing techniques and collage to create multi-layered surfaces and marks from which the images can evolve.
Current and forthcoming events
- June 2013: A Day of Water, Gold Hill Organic Farm, Blandford (more info)
- 2012 Walking the Chalk, Pythouse Garden Cafe, Hatch, Wiltshire
- 2011 In All Lights, Shaftesbury Arts Centre, Dorset
- 2010 New Works, The Gallery, Chard, Somerset
- 2009 Three paintings, Royal Brompton Hospital, London
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2006 Evolver Prize 2006 (Top 50), Atrium Gallery, Bournemouth
- 2007 Breach - The Art of Commons
- 2006 Article. Featured Artist, DORSET Magazine, Dorset
Axis pages last updated 06/06/2013