Helen Parrott is based in Sheffield, England., Yorkshire
I am a visual artist, writer and teacher.
My work explores our marked surroundings. Changed by human and natural processes my inspirations include ancient paths, carved stones, settlement traces and tidal sand ripples. Much of my artwork is hand sewn, often drawing on historic textiles. My book 'Mark-making in textile art' - will be published July 2013 (Batsford).
- 2002 Surface, Graves Art Gallery, Sheffield
- 2002 Zen and the Art of Hand Quilting, Various venues, London; Dublin; Harrogate
- 2012 Festival of Quilts, National Exhibition Centre., Birmingham, UK.
- 2012 60 Drawings, Bankley Gallery, Manchester
- 2012 acCent! Art quilts of the UK, National Quilt Museum, Paducah, Kentucky, USA
- 2000 Legend and Living Tradition, Bowes Museum, Barnard Castle, County Durham
- 2006 Here:Now, Weston Park Museum, Sheffield, About Art Gallery
Axis pages last updated 16/05/2013