Tracey Tofield is based in Whitley Bay, North East
My practice is concerned with boundary and relationship, separateness and the figuration of human relationship. Drawing is the root of my practice. How the line moves, extends and appears as. I am fascinated by "the space between", the psychological dynamics that occur within human interaction and proprioception, body knowledge. My media varies; Painting, Drawing, Installation, Video, Performance and Collaborative practice.
Qualifications and training
- 1991 Master of Fine Art, Newcastle University, Newcastle, Tyne and Wear
- 2006 Creative Agent, Creative Partnerships North and South Tyneside, Customs House, South Shields
- 2002 Lecturer/ Tutor (PT) in Fine Art and Drawing, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
- 2011 ‘No one will be as intersted as your own mind.’, XL gallery, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne
- 2003 Matrixial Gazes. 3 Installations, Globe Gallery, North Shields, Tyne and Wear
- 2011 Prospero’s Library, Studio 75 Hackney, London.
- 2005 NOSTOS. Artistic Director, North Wing, Buddle Arts Centre and The Side Cinema, Newcastle upon Tyne
Axis pages last updated 03/12/2011