Hans Christian Ullrich is based in Kendal, North West
Recently I have been making ceramic pieces based on microscopic organisms, flowers and animal markings.
Clay is rolled out then responded to by pouring on slips, firing once then sometimes twice more.
Some are reduced stoneware over varied slips also with glass melted into the surface. I approach these artworks more like a painting than a decorative piece of pottery.
- 2010 Turning Points, Brantwood, John Ruskin's Home, Coniston, Cumbria
- 1999 Artists Working to Commission, Barrow Dock Museum, Barrow
- 1995 Artist Working To Commission, Building Centre, London
- 1995 Xmas Exhibition, Shipley Gallery, Gateshead
- 1994 Annual Potfest, Auction Mart, Penrith
- 1994 Artist Working To Commission, Brewery Arts Centre, Kendal
- 1994 Xmas Exhibition, Collins Gallery, Glasgow
Axis pages last updated 03/01/2012