Debby Akam is based in Penrith, North West
I use printmaking and video- installations to re examine a rural Pastoral space. New woodcuts are characterised by saturated colour, and repeating motifs. They draw on organic and vernacular forms, and primarily use natural materials: wood and hand- made paper.
I hold an art practice– based doctorate, and also work in schools as a creative learning specialist.
Qualifications and training
- 2004 PhD, University of Sunderland
- 1981 MA, Fine Art, Edinburgh University
- 2003 Herd, Sewborwens Farm, Penrith, Cumbria, England
- 2010 Swimming Without Water, Moseley Baths, Birmingham UK
- 2008 Ecocentric, Video Lounge, Sonoma County Museum, Santa Rosa, California
- 2005 'Elles sont passees par d'ici', Artevisa, Loguivy, France
- 2011 Ultimate Learning, Dowdales School, Dalton in Furness, , Cumbria, UK
Axis pages last updated 14/02/2013