Stephen Carter is based in London
These paintings are based on spaces around Paddington Station. In contrast to the busy station, these spaces are deserted. The lack of natural light allows the forms to take on other dimensions, inviting other readings of what they are and what their function is.
Stephen Carter is represented by Beardsmore Gallery.
Qualifications and training
- 1972 Higher Diploma, Art And Design, Painting, Birmingham Polytechnic
- 1971 BA Hons, Fine Art, Birmingham Polytechnic
- 2010 Line of Vision, Beardsmore Gallery, London
- 2005 WestWay, Beardsmore Gallery, London
- 2005 WestWay, Galerija Beograd, Belgrade, Serbia & Montenegro
- 2001 Pleasures of the Press, Recent Paintings, Beardsmore Gallery, London
- 2000 Encounters, Koninklijke Acadamie Gallerie,, Den Haag, Holland
Axis pages last updated 22/02/2013