Charles Gurrey is based in York
Work featured here explores forms of sculptural text. This may also involve imagery. How text gets read; how its meaning is affected or determined by context, site, material in which it is worked, or purpose it is intended to serve; all interest me as formal and substantive questions.
Architectural, ecclesiastical, commemorative and memorial work are shown on my personal website.
Qualifications and training
- 1981 MPhil Philosophy, St.Johns College, Cambridge
- 1979 BA Philosophy Politics and Economics, Balliol College, Oxford
- 2009 Art and Memory, Memorial Arts Charity at West Dean Gardens, West Dean, Chichester.
- 2008 Poet's Riddles in Stone, New Art Centre, Roche Court, East Winterslow, Salisbury
- 2005 The Standing Stone, Wolseley Fine Arts, London
- 2000 The Times of their Lives, Whitworth Gallery, Manchester
- 1998 The Art of Remembering, Blickling Hall, Norfolk
Axis pages last updated 06/04/2013