Patrick Brandon is based in Bristol, South West
For me, painting is a search for looseness, a way in. After that, the real business starts. I try to keep things moving. My process drifts between concept and sleight, intuitive play and rigour.
Charles Simic: 'That's how art exists in this world of ours – a clear head in the face of calamity.'
- 2012 The Threadneedle Prize, Mall Galleries, London
- 2012 as little as it needs, as much as it can take, Motorcade/FlashParade, BV Studios, 37 Philip Street, Bristol BS3 4EA
- 2012 As little as it needs, as much as it can take, Motorcade?
- 2011 The Threadneedle Prize, Mall Galleries, London
- 2011 Inside Out, RWA, Bristol
- 2010 The Signature of All Things I Am Here to Read, Arnolfini, Bristol
- 2008 Revolver/Touchpaper, Car Showroom, 7 Coinage Street, Penzance
Axis pages last updated 24/12/2012