Jemma Watts is based in Norwich, Eastern
Currently, I am exploring themes of uncanny within city spaces, a body of work that has extended over the last three years. Previously, my work addressed issues of sexuality and gender within the domestic and mundane. My work is broadly drawing based but utilises a wide range of media.
I pursue a studio practice as well as arts education work.
Qualifications and training
- 2008 Enquire - Artist Educator training, The Sainsbury's Centre for Visual Arts, Norwich
- 2006 PGCE in Post-Compulsary Education, City College Norwich, Norwich
- 2004 Visual Studies, Norwich University College of the Arts, Norwich
- 2008 Artist Consultant, The Sainsbury's Centre for Visual Arts, Norwich
- 2011 Rituaalit (Rituals) exhibition, Köysiratagalleria, Turku, Finland
- 2012 ALAS Residency, Matt Roberts Arts, London
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2012 Attendance of ALAS residency, Grants for the Arts, Arts Council England
Axis pages last updated 18/01/2013