Eleanor MacFarlane is based in London
I make Moving Image, art contraptions and inventions. I am initially drawn to scientific notions, and find the psychological or philosophical angle, creating beautiful insights.
In addition to making and exhibiting work, I review and assess exhibitions, books and culture, and teach and mentor in the arts.
I run a popup gallery, theViewergallery, for artist projects and Moving Image.
Qualifications and training
- 2014 MA Fine Art, Open College of the Arts, UK
- 2006 BA Fine Art First-class, Middlesex University, London
- 2012 Arts Mentor, Koestler Arts Trust, London
- 2011 Artistic Assessor in Visual Arts, Arts Council England, London
- 2010 Guest Lecturer and Tutor, Norwich School of Art, Norwich
- 2012 Vessels - Secret Portraits in Bottles - a Visual Conundrum, Gallery of Wonder, Newcastle University, UK
- 2011 theProgressiveImage 1 Moving Image screening, theViewergallery in The Original Gallery, London
Axis pages last updated 26/02/2013