Lexi Strauss is based in Malvern, West Midlands
My paintings explore alienation and connection, they often articulate inadequacy, vulnerability and anxiety inherent within the human condition.
I also employ interviews set within a 'verbatim' acting process to help me understand individuals and human issues in greater depth.
Consistent themes explored through the work are tendencies for escapist behavior and resulting segregation arising from a distorted drive to belong.
Qualifications and training
- 2012 MA Painting, Royal College of Art, London
- 2014 Exhibition planned, MAC, Birmingham
- 2013 Empty Chairs, The Institute of Art and Ideas, Hay on Wye
- 2013 REACT, Dilston Grove, London
- 2012 Candid arts (London), Universitat der Kunste, Berlin
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2013 Shortlisted for New Contemporaries, ICA, London
- 2012 Elmley Foundation, Award, .
Axis pages last updated 24/05/2013