David Foggo is based in Newcastle upon Tyne, North East
I work across many disciplines ranging from Sculpture, Installation, Text, Collections, Photography, Collage and occasional Performance.
My practice mainly involves poetic associations surrounding the pun. Wordplay, comic theory, and art history references also inform what I do. Humour is an especially important element.
A succinct simplification of my practice could be as that of a finder/collector then rearranger.
- 2009 Wordplays, Northern Stage, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- 2000 Old, New, Borrowed and Who (VANE Arts festival), Hangar 51, Ouseburn
- 2010 Laughter Lines, 25, Stratford Grove, Heaton, Newcastle Upon Tyne
- 2008 Galata Perform, Galata Performance Space, Instanbul, Turkey
- 2007 In the Middle of Nowhere, Summer house/lake, Bracke, Sweden
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2000 Northern Arts Study and Stay Award, Northern Arts, North East of England
Axis pages last updated 28/04/2013