Ellie Doney is based in Studio Manifold, London E2, London
Ellie Doney works with different materials to explore the nature of materiality and transformation. Much of the work focuses on sensual and psychological currents within matter itself. Her process of creating work is experimental and gestural, looking for ways to reveal the behaviour of stuff, and to create an implied sensuality, provoking an almost physiological response, a reflection of ourselves.
Qualifications and training
- 2010 Ceramics & Glass, Royal College of Art, London, UK
- 2012 Artist Educator, [ space ] studios, The V&A, Crafts Council, Royal College of Art, The London Festival of Architecture, Standpoint Gallery, Hoxton Hall, Greenbelt Festival and Brighton Organics Festival, .
- 2010 Artist in residence, Headspace, Nara, Japan
- 2010 Artist in residence, HMG Paint, Manchester, UK
- 2011 Writer/researcher, The Institute of Making, UCL, London
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2011 Artists Access to Art Colleges, Plymouth College of Art, Plymouth, UK
Web links - gallery/work/projects
Axis pages last updated 23/04/2012