Chantal Powell is based in Southampton, South East
Chantal Powell creates seductive sculptural objects that cross the boundary between reality and imagination.
A PhD focusing on the psychology of human relationships informs her work as an artist. Powell's work has featured on the cover of a-n magazine, been loaned to London's Saatchi & Saatchi building, and been exhibited internationally including the 53rd and 54th Venice Biennales.
- 2013 Victoriana: The Art Of Revival, Guildhall Art Gallery, London
- 2012 Unnatural Natural History, Royal West Academy of England, Bristol
- 2012 Imprint, Centre For Possible Studies (Serpentine Gallery's project space), London
- 2012 London Calling, Orange County Centre of Contemporary Art (OCCCA Museum), California
- 2011 Afternoon Tea: Works on Paper at the 54th Venice Biennale, WW Gallery, The Quaffers Pavilion, 1960 Campo San Polo, 30125 Venice, Italy
- 2010 The National Art Open Competition, Chichester, The Minerva Gallery, Chichester
- 2009 Travelling Light, London>Venice Biennale, WW Gallery, London and Venice
Axis pages last updated 14/06/2013