Spike Dennis is based in Cardiff, Wales
My practice generally revolves around process based practices such as drawing and stitch. Repetitive actions enable me to focus my mind upon those themes and ideas which inform my work as well as contemplating my own self in relation to this world and my work.
My recent research has been focussed upon the symbolism of the unicorn.
Qualifications and training
- 2009 MA Fine Art, University of Wales Institute, Cardiff, Cardiff
- 2003 BA (Hons) Fine Art Painting, Wimbledon School of Art, London
- 2010 Pandorum: The Persistence of Memory, The Stairwell Gallery, Durham
- 2012 Hemmed In, MK Gallery, Milton Keynes
- 2011 Experiments with Art, Galerija Balta, Kaunas Textile Biennal, Lithuania
- 2012 Charmed, Print Market Project/Cardiff Design Festival, Cardiff
- 2010 A Moving Exhibition (ISBN:978-1-4457-7068-0)
Axis pages last updated 30/11/2012