Karen Grainger is based in Isle of Wight, South East
My practice focuses on the perceptual and conceptual experiences of engaging with art. Exploring form and content, surface and depth, looking and seeing, production and consumption.
Work primarily straddles the fields of sculpture and photography, using stereo 3D, Wet Plate Collodion, colour digital, using additional processes such as burning, cutting, collage. In sculpture I work with found or appropriated objects.
- 2012 Open Salon, Galerie Huit, Les Rencontres D'Arles, France
- 2011 Nine Point Perspective, Hotshoe Gallery, London
- 2011 Close Your Eyes and Tell Me What You See, Gothenburg Museum of Art, Sweden
- 2003 'New Contemporaries', Cornerhouse, Manchester & Victoria Miro Warehouse, London
- 2012 The World in London, The Photographers Gallery Offsite, London Olympics
Competitions, prizes and awards
- 2011 Finalist - The Fitzrovia Photography Prize, Diemar/Noble Photography, London
- 2011 Purchase of works for National Photographic Collection, National Media Museum, Bradford
Axis pages last updated 18/07/2012